So I have been here another week! Hooray! I
can´t believe that you guys are done with the beach...ahhh I was thinking about
it all week! I missed the ocean and the cheesy Belmont rides and waking
up all sunburned...well, kind of. Because I have the ocean here, and we
swim to lessons every day, so that´s pretty close, and the buses are definitely
similar to rollercoasters and about seven times as scary! And I do wake
up sunburned everyday actually....so I guess it is basically the same, right??
Ahhh I´m so glad that you had such a good time! And
ohmygosh Cooper will start HIGHSCHOOL next week and I will be replaced by some
Brazilian rapaz...oh man. Well, Parabéns! Ok Mom, here are some
answers to your questions. We go to a little shop place to email every
week and we have to pay for it, but it´s pretty cheap so that´s no big deal.
Plus they sell these chocolate things here too that Sister Seidmann loves
and she is eating one right now next to me. The food here...we eat a lot
of rice and beans. A LOT. And a ton of pasta. The members
feed us every week for lunch, and for some reason all of the irmas decided that
the American needed to try "paqueca" ...which are crepes. But I
pretend that it´s the first time every time, so they still get all excited.
I really like basically everything that Irma Fatima cooks. That´s
my favorite food. She uses a lot of butter and I´m not sure what I´m
eating most of the time. But it tastes amazing, so I really don´t ask!
We speak about half and half English and Portuguese here now
because I´m pretty comfortable with the language. Sister Seidmann thinks
that I´ll certainly train next transfer, so I think that´s a good sign that I´m
improving! She really wants to improve her English, so we speak more
English in the house now. Holyyyy goodness I have to tell you a funny
story. So we were doing a comp inventory after weekly planning and Sister
Seidmann was trying to do it in English. She is SO CUTE when she tries!
Anyway, I told her that she can´t be so snarky with the investigators or
something like that and she goes (her exact words)... "I don´t...I don´t
mean to...It is just...sometimes I say something bad...and then after I
think...that was not good....damn it!" Mom, you can edit out this
story if you want, but I just have to tell you because I about pee my pants
every time I think of it. You can tell when Brazilians learn their
English from the movies!
I have met with President Lanius likeee three times so far
here, but we never go to the mission home because NO missionaries here drive.
It´s way too dangerous. I love all the missionaries in my district and
zone, but to be honest, the elders need to work harder. For the most
part, they are good, but sometimes I think that they are wasting the Lord´s
time! We have an awesome zone though, and our leaders push us to baptize
like crazy...so we do!
Ok here is this week! We had so many miracles!
Remember Valesca?
Well, we went to her house for dinner on Tuesday, and she
had this guy over named José to work on a project. Welp, Sister Seidmann
and I don´t waste any time, so we taught it up right then and there and his
little Baptist heart was softened! He is freaking perfect...except for
the fact that he tried to plant one on Valesca after he walked her and Sister
Seidmann and I to the bus for a meeting! Oh you should have seen her
face...she is so innocent and cute! She goes "Beijo Sister!
BEIJO!!!" But now they are dating, so I guess it wasn´t that surprising.
Anyway, we taught him all the lessons this week and he will be baptized
this week! Hooray!
Glau...oh my precious Glau. She is 13 and has such a
testimony! She wants to be a missionary when she grows up and serve in
Paris. I thought to myself...hey...I know peeps in Paris! So I
emailed one of my USU pals and he is sending a letter to her! How cute is
that! But we are fairly certain that she will be baptized this week as
well! Cool, right?
We have like, 3 other people that we are hoping will be
baptized this week, but I don´t have enough time to write about all of them. I
will later. The Lord is blessing us like CRAZY!!! We had an amazing
sacrament meeting yesterday...NINE of our investigators showed up at church,
which is basically unheard of. We also had this guy, Fernando, show up
too. Sister Seidmann introduced herself to him after the meetings, then we
showed him the baptismal font and explained baptism to him, and then he started
to cry and said that he needed to be baptized. So we shall baptize him
next week! That was crazy awesome, but honestly...not SUPER surprising. I
live in the land of miracles!
Ahh things are so good here! I have the best tanline
EVER and apparently it will only get worse, because "winter" is over
now! But I am so happy and so blessed! I am praying for ya´ll out
there...and what the heck, Tanner has a girlfriend??? Crap. If he gets married,
I owe him El Charro. Anyways, I love love love you!! Have a great
week!
Love,
Sister Dana