Eu AMO emails de vocês!!! Muitos muitos muitos! E, bem-vindo Tiago! Você vai amar minha família ;) It sounds like things are so great back at home, and wicked crazy with football and a Brazilian hanging around! Ah man, I can´t even imagine...that´s so weird that someone else is living there...hanging out with my brother...using my phone number....what the strange! But I want to meet this guy! Let´s go to Fortaleza after my mission, ok?
Mom, I´ll send my memory card home this week. This will be my first card because it got a virus and now I can´t open photos on the computer...that´s why I couldn´t send any pictures home. But if you could clean it out...that would be great :) It´ll also have descriptions, so don´t worry about that either! And a bunch of pictures of our apartment too, so just have a little patience!
Ah man, I wish that I could say that this week was just as good as the last one, but it was definitely one of the hardest ones I have had. You know how there is opposition in all things? Def truth right there. One of our investigators with a marriage date bailed on his fiance for his other wife in Sao Paulo, Then Manuel, one of our baptisms from last week, decided that he didn´t like the peace that he was feeling after the baptism. He told us that he didn´t want to be confirmed a member of the church on Sunday and he was afraid to get the Holy Ghost. So we tried to calm him down and everything, but he wanted to return to his old life and sealed the deal by breaking the Word of Wisdom in a major way on Saturday night. So...that was really hard.
Then Glau, our precious Glau...she had her interview for baptism on Saturday afternoon and when we got there with the Elders, she said that she didn´t want to be baptized because she wasn´t ready. She is...she knows everything and wants to keep the commandments and has a testimony like I have never seen before. She had an hour and a half long interview, then Elder Rodrigues came out of it saying that the enemy is working on her like crazy because she has so much potential. We tried to do all that we could...Sister Seidmann has some serious guts too. She actually left Glau´s house, grabbed Glau´s dad out of the bar and said, "Excuse me, I need to talk to you about the salvation of your daughter." I was basically just following her with my mouth hanging open. So we went back to Glau´s house with them and then her dad and step mom started yelling at each other and Glau was super scared and the Spirit bailed real quickly. It was horrible. Needless to say, Glau´s baptism fell through. Talk about a heartbreak.
Sister Seidmann was really sick this week too. I felt horrible because neither of us had a desire to work and that has never happened before! But I know that the Lord was preparing me for this week because I found a ton of answers to my prayers in the scriptures and found peace even when it was awful. I think a lot of that video that we watched a few nights before I left, remember? Like, why should I think that this work will be easy for me, when it was never, never easy for my Savior? Salvation is not a cheap experience.
You´d better believe that we´ll be working our Brazilian bootys off this week to atone for all the garbage that happened last week! Thank heavens for repentance:) I love you all and I will definitely keep Mima in my prayers! Like she isn´t already! Congrats to Reggie...I need to email that boy! Have fun with Tiago and good luck keeping the boys fed! I wish so bad that I could be there for the football games and everything with you all! I love you, have a great week!
| Shelby and Sister Seidmann |
| Prettiest Missionaries in the Field! |
Love,
Sister Dana