So
you guys are at the beach...well SO AM I! Every day. So there. Except we
aren´t allowed to go near it so I guess it isn´t really the same, but oh well.
I´m so glad that you guys had fun at the 24th and believe me, I was
thinking about it! Every time I saw a horse...which is a lot, since they
are as common as stray dogs around here, I thought of the rodeo and I missed it
a lot! And the fireworks and everything...aw man. But I´m really
glad that Coop had a good time at the dance and that you all had fun with the
family and now you are at the beach and where the heck has the summer gone?!
It´s super weird not to be there, and to think that I am on the other
side of the world! But I know that you guys are going to have a blast and
just enjoy the heck out of this week for me, ok??
Thank
you so much for your prayers this week. Our ward pulled through in an
amazing way. These people are so strong and they absolutely love each
other...and miracles are happening too. I have never seen youth so
motivated to serve the Lord. Seriously, Heavenly Father has saved these
spirits!! They come out and spend the whole day teaching with us and are
always, always doing something with the church. I guess that´s probably
because the lines are clearly drawn here between the good and the bad.
But they are amazing.
We
had a stellar week. Seriously. Thirty lessons, and a baptism that
we didn´t think would happen! This is a cool story. So Maisa is 11
and remember Isabella? She was the one that we had to convince her mom to
allow baptism? Anyway, when my zone leaders were at her house, Elder King
pointed out a little girl to me and said, "This girl has never heard of
the gospel before. You need to talk to her!" So I did, and we
began to teach her and she started to come to church. She never
progressed very quickly, because she is super shy and doesn´t like to talk
much. We taught her everything, and we planned to have the baptism this
week, but when we went over the baptismal questions with her on Friday night,
she didn´t know anything and it was like she had never heard of the gospel
before. We were disappointed when we left, but decided it wasn´t a big
deal and that we would just do the baptism next week after we taught her
everything again. But when we returned on Saturday to tell her this, she
was really sad. She had studied all day and read every pamphlet that we
gave her and knew all the lessons by heart! And she said that she had a
testimony and really wanted to be baptized, so we through a baptism together
last night and she was! Oh mom, it was perfect. The Spirit was so
strong, and all the youth in the ward were in charge and a ton of people
came...it was the best feeling!
I
have another story that is kind of hilarious from this week too. So
Sister Seidmann and I visit this guy that is super old, and his mom that is
even older. He doesn´t pay attention to a word we say, but he likes to have
someone to talk at, so we continue to go over there. Well the
"lesson" was super long and boring and Sister Seidmann was FINALLY
saying the closing prayer, when he began to pray along with her. This is
not unusual. So she was just continuing on and started praying for his
mom and I just couldn´t resist.... I said "Amen Sister" right along
with him and Sister Seidmann stopped dead and started busting up. Then
she handled it like a true champion and pretended that she was crying instead.
I´m talking head in her lap, shoulders shaking, loud, noisy tears.
José thought that she was crying because she missed her own mother, so he
began to pray for us and our mothers! Sister Seidmann continued on in
this manner for about 2 solid minutes, and I was dying, and then she finally
finished the prayer and we bailed hard. José was thrilled. He said
that the Spirit was so strong and that he wanted us to come back soon...I guess
the Lord works in mysterious ways!
Well,
I love you all a ton. Things are going really well here and I can´t
believe that I´ve already been in Brazil for a full transfer! I love it
here. It is super hard because Sister Olivera was transferred, and she
lives with us and has been a great example. Sister Alancar, her
companion, will train, so we´re getting a baby in here and I won´t be the noob
anymore! I am seriously praying for one of my MTC friends. That would be
amazing. But Brazil is fabulous and the Lord will always, always strengthen
us in our trials. I pray for you guys every single day...so be happy!
Loveee youuuu!
Love,
Sister
Dana
| Sister Alancar, Sister Seidmann, Sister Olivera, e Sister Dana |