I am so glad that Reggie is a missionary now! Ah he will be the best and convert the world because that guy is SOLID. I am so lucky to have a family strong in the gospel! Also, before I forget...my companions are very single and like Americans. I was told to ask if I have any cousins interested in writing a Brazilian missionary. Is Ray still available? I told Sister Seidmann a little bit about him and she is pretty open to the opportunity, you know, if he wants! I like her a lot:) So....yeah, just throwing that out there.
Ummm ok so is Mima ok?? Sister Seidmann and I fasted for her a couple times this week and do you want to know something crazy?? On Tuesday we were walking down the streets and I just got the feeling that I needed to say a prayer for her! So we stopped, and we prayed, and that was that! I don´t know if the timing was right or anything, but she has def been in the thoughts of a few missionaries in Brazil! And she will be still!
Aww, Dad will go to the Campout without me...que triste! I hope that he can forgive me and find someone else to be his daughter for a little bit. Maybe Tiago, since he´s using my phone number and everything.
This week was nuts! We taught a ton and found a lot of new investigators. Finally! I am speaking more in the lessons now because Sister Seidmann is prepping me to train in a couple weeks....GAH yeah that is scary! But we had a couple funny experiences. We were teaching this girl, Gislaine, who is hardcore Baptist and knows absolutely nothing about her religion. I think that she listens to us solely because I am American. But you know, that is normal around her to be honest. Anyway, we left her house a little frustrated because it wasn´t a very effective lesson, and then later that night we passed by the Baptist church and I saw her in there doing this interpretive dance.. Oh my lanta, I know that we aren´t supposed to stay outside of churches, but I did and watched her, and it was the BEST. So funny! I like the other religions here...they provide some prime entertainment!
We had 2 baptisms this week , but only one was ours. Sidney and cute little Clarise! They are 8 and 9 years old, so Sidney was the ward´s baptism. Both of them have less active families, but we are activating them so that was really cool! Que fofa...oh I love them!
Another thing that was AWESOME. I got a call this week...from Julietta! My daddy baptized her manyyyy years ago and now I am going to meet her when we go to the temple on Wednesday! Oh I am wayy excited! She said, "Sister Dana, your dad changed my life. If he wasn´t there at the exact right time, I don´t know where I would be right now. And when you got your call to Brazil, I was very, very emotional! I have been waiting for a long time to give you a hug!" Basically I started to cry right there in the padaria in front of everyone.. But I can´t wait until Wednesday! I have quite a legacy to carry on here in Brazil. I hope that I can be a missionary like my dad was!...is...
I love you all to death! Have a great week and what the heck...happy Five Months to me tomorrow! I love Syster Clouse and her letters...just throwing that out there. AND I taught Sister Seidmann how to pun in English. She is getting really good at it and now we have a jolly old time in the streets every day!
Love love love,
Sister Dana