Wow. There was so much good stuff in that email that I am just sitting here smiling like a dweeb. Or crying, because Leslie sent me pics of when her parents came to pick her up. She is not a missionary...wow, things go by quickly! Ah please give her the biggest hug on Friday! Please please please!!!!!!!
Thanks a million for the pics of San Diego and Snowflake! I must say that I have one good-looking family! Bummer that the mission has definitely taken its toll on me....yikes. Anyways, speaking of good-looking, please tell Ray to give me his email address because I have found his wife. I was just walking home from the store the other day and had the revalation that he needs to marry Sister Bedke. Like, I am not even kidding. Match of the year. I started jumping up and down when I thought of that because I was so excited! Her email is malyssa.bedke@myldsmail.net. GO.
Ahhh this week was so not as exciting as the last one! We did another division, this time with Sister Hirz and Sister Peñailillo. I have a good story from that one! We asked this lady if we could leave a blessing on her house (how we do contacts these days) and she turned out to be completely crazy! Like, really. She asked us if we would curse her son-in-law and break his little heart for wanting more money and then she told us about how she was on heavy meds but knew God sent the angels (us) to help her...I still have a reallyyyyy hard time not cracking up over stuff like this.
I had a lovely surprise too! One of the kids in the other ward has a violin and he let me take it home!!! It feels sooo good to play again. I´m not really good anymore, but it´s a nice stress reliever to be sure. I think that the Lord has blessed me a lot because now it´s so much easier to sing and play in public. Probably because everyone loves it even if it´s pretty bad. But I´m not complaining. Sister Fortes got really excited with my hidden talent, so she insisted on showing up to Yoná´s house at night and serenading her from the street...so we did! It was really fun and her kids came out and danced and everything!
We had a great experience with an investigator this week, Graziela. I love her!!!! She came to us wanting to learn more about the church, just that she lives in another city (still in our area), so it´s really hard to teach her. We only could about once a week after church, when she came to Gravatá. I guess the story is that the Elders were literally expelled from Chã Grande, her city, because the other churches started telling their people that the men in dark pants with nametags were sent by Satan. This happened a while ago though, but no one has entered since. Well, Sister Fortes was determined to go back and see what we could do there, so she called Presidente and we got permission to go see how it was. I was a little bit...cowardly, to be honest. I was pretty nervous to go because the stories were rough! But she made me go pray about it for a long time, and when I did, I knew it was the right thing to do. Sister Fortes had the right idea. We got to Graziela´s house, and she had 3 other friends there waiting for us to teach. They LOVED the lesson, said they´d never heard of the church before, and came to church yesterday! Wow!!!! They have a lot of people there who would also probably be pretty interested in the gospel, so I´m really excited to see where all of this goes. We go back on Thursday:)
A few other good stories to finish up. On Friday, Boa Vista ward had an Integration night because it´s reallyyyyy suffering. They´re trying to get the members organized to stop it from turning into a branch, but the sisters are really having a rough go of it. They´re trying though, and we are helping too. Anyway, that night they decided to play this frog game that Sister Bedke knows after the message. It was mostly adults there, and they got into it like I have never seen before. The bishop started fighting with his counselor about who was winning and then they all got mad at each other and ran out of the room and then everyone wouldn´t get in order...all adults. Sister Bedke, the poor girl, just looks at me and goes, "Sister Dana...this is like herding cats." I just busted up laughing. It´s Gravatá!
Last story: We were teaching Felix, who was confirmed yesterday (!) on Saturday. As we were doing some follow-up, this was the conversation:
Sister Dana: Felix, how´s it going with the coffee? Are you still having cravings or what?
Felix: Ah Sister, it´s great! I don´t even want it anymore! Completely off!
SD: Ahhh that´s so good to hear! Congratulations! Andddd how about those illegal drugs? Are ya off those too?
Felix´s Mom: WHAAT?! I AM GOING TO KILL HIM! FELIX %$#@ #$¨& *¨&$%!!!!!
Sister Dana: Uhh...ha...haha...just kidding Luiza!
Awkwarde. Funny afterwards though!
Well, that´s all I´ve got for this week. Have a great one, enjoy summer, and I have no idea about anything as far as college and transcripts are concerned...sorry Mom :/ It can´t wait one more transfer? I love love love you!!!
Love,
Sister Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment