| I LOVE BRAZIL |
Ahhhh my bff is coming home! Oh my goodness, this is unreal. I´m so excited for her and also kinda sad because...that would stink to not be a missionary. But anyway, everyone go to the airport and bring a cardboard cutout of me there too so that at least it looks like I´m not a brazillian miles away. CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE!!!!!
And also...Grand Cherokee? Very nice! Send me pics, por favor! I hope to have a million next week, ok?! Mom, I hope that your birthday was awesome. I really enjoyed it! Have a great time at the beach and I am only slightly jealous.
Ok, so this week. I did a division with Sister dos Santos on Tuesday. She is a noob and pretty cool! Reallyyyyy excited about the mission. Reallyyyyy touchy. I had to warn her a few times that we are missionaries and in public. But other than that, she is a great gal!
| Division with dos Santos |
We also had....ANOTHER BAPTISM!!!! This time it was Félix, who is 16 years old. He is amazing and has the most incredible faith. The thing that makes me the happiest is that when he believes in something, he sticks to it. I know that he will be an awesome missionary and help so many people! I love that missionary work is the gift that keeps giving. It´s like that Amish friendship bread that everyone always leaves on our doorstep. It´s delish, and there´s always someone else that could benefit! But anyway, his mom and sister came and they are adorable. Def one of my fave families in Gravatá.
| Shelby with Felix and his Mom and Sister |
| Felix's baptism |
This week, I have some stories for you! So we are teaching this one lady named Cris. She was so cool and had a super strong belief in God and was just a pleasure to be around. Awesome! So we marked a visit to her house this week at 7pm. When we get there, she is all dolled up and ready to go out. Ohhh no honey, this is the most important thing that you will ever hear. So we sat her down and told her it would be fast. She told us she had to go to a family meeting or something...whatever, we´ll be speedy! So we taught the first lesson and asked if she went to any church. She said she used to go to one down the road, but never would return because they´re all liars in that church and she hates it. We finished up the lesson and then headed out. She flew out the door behind us and said, "I´m late to get my money!!" People are just kind of strange here, so we didn´t really think anything of it. As we walked home after the lesson, we passed by the church that she said she would never visit again. As we passed by, I heard a familiar voice. We walked back, and there was our investigator, Cris, singing and preaching in the microphone. We were teaching the pastora. Welp...at least she didn´t lie about the liars part!
Another good one....we had a contact this week who is a real smartypants. Sister Andrade and I met Jacqueline on the street. She said that she was super interested and we marked a lesson with her on Friday night. I was so excited! Just that when Friday rolled around, we couldn´t seem to find her house. We walked and walked and walked, and then I saw it! Number 20! And it was....a casa das freiras. A convent. Sister Fortes and I just busted up laughing, because that really was one of the best I´ve had on my mission. Jacqueline, you sly fox you!
We had other stories but...I am too lazy to write them right now! Don´t worry, it´s all in my journal. Ask me when I get home. Have a great week at the beach and I love you all so so much!!!
Love,
Sister Dana
| Shelby and Sister Fortes |
No comments:
Post a Comment