And this is one of them.
This week was absolutely crazy. We had our interviews
with Presidente Bigelow, and I love that man. He says that he his going
to do everything absolutely possible to make sure that my next few weeks are
the best of my whole mission. He and I talked a lot about the areas,
about my mission, about everything! He is so cool and genuine and really
has the Spirit to direct this work. I talked to him about what would
happen my last transfer, and he told me not to worry, that I would finish up in
Gravatá, and life would be golden. I left floating on a cloud!
Sister Fortes, on the other hand, had the feeling that she
would be transferred because otherwise she would have to stay there a longgg
time. She was so sad, and she told everyone goodbye all day yesterday.
I went out on a division with Sister Andrade so that she could go to Boa
Vista, her old area, and see everyone for the last time. I just stood
there taking pictures and helping her feel better, promising that it would all
be ok and thinking the opposite. "Bummer for her, I don´t have to go
through this for a longggg time!"
Oh little did I know.
That night, the ZLs called. Who got transferred....not
Sister Fortes. Sister Dana.
We just got back from the transfer meeting and my head is
spinning. I am now serving in a place called Ouro Preto, in the city of
Recife. We're taking over an area that was elders for a long time, but
things were so bad there that the area closed a few weeks ago and the elders
were sent home. We just got to the house...I don't know if you could even
call it a house. There will have to be a few days of intense cleaning
before we can manage living in this place. There is no area map, area
book, numbers in the cell phone...nothing. And I am the LTS. My
companion is Sister Piza, and thankfully she is adorable and loves a challenge,
just like I do. But she only has 4 months on her mission, so I am the
solo LTS for now.
I have NEVER had a challenge like this before, but I know
that Heavenly Father loves me. He loves His children, and I KNOW that He
does not give us ANYTHING that we can't overcome. Nothing.
Congratulations, Les!!!! You are so, so beautiful!
I'm sorry that my head isn't as pretty as it once was, but hey, we all
make some sacrifices. Thanks for the update, and please send us some
prayers here in the land of Black Gold. This name perfectly describes
what we found in the toilet when we got to our new house, btw.
Love you, have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment