Anyway, this week was cool! We did a division with some of the sisters in the zone. Sister Rodrigues stayed with Sister Seidmann in Caruarú, and I brought Sister Penailillo back here to Gravatá. She is Chilean and super cool! Poor thing...if people have a hard time saying MY name, she has got it pretty bad! (Pen-ya-i-lee-jo). It´s a rough life. But anyway, she only has 3 weeks out in the field and is a real champ. She speaks really good portuguese, and so we got a long well! We had a really cool lesson with this one family, Severino e Doralice, that we found in this little alley in the middle of basically a labyrinth of houses. We left a blessing on their house, and it was really one of the most spiritual lessons that I have ever had. Like, after I said the prayer asking for the Lord to bless their family individually, we all got up from our knees and sat on the couch and you could literally almost see the Spirit there. No one wanted to even breathe. Doralice started crying and everything...it was way cool. I am so excited to see where it goes with this family. I think that they are really special.
We had to stay home a few days because Sister Rodrigues got sick. I think she picked up a bug in Caruarú. Pretty much everything that she ate came right back up. She hates barfing so much and was pretty sad, so I made light of things by stealing the other sisters´ cameras from their desks and taking secret videos of Sister Rodrigues throwing up...then leaving them for the other sisters to find. Anyway, she is way better now, thanks for asking! I have been really blessed by having a super strong immune system this whole mission, thank heavens. As I told Sister Hicken the other day, "I have the immune system of a whale." And the tiny brain of one too, apparently.
We are working really hard on renovating our teaching pool right now, because after all of our efforts with Paula and Yoná, it is looking pretty sad. But, we had an amazing lesson with Yoná this week. I have never in my whole life seen someone so changed by the gospel. She is full of light! And she is laughing and happy all the time! The best part of the lesson was when she goes, "Sister, I could blame this change on a million human things, like medicine or the weather or the kids. But I KNOW that I am different because I made the right choice and God is happy with me. I am happy!" I cried. It was so so cool guys! Gosh...I never want to come home. Sorry mom.
We also have seen a huge change in Tarcisio. Before his baptism, he was nervous and didn´t like to talk to people and really just didn´t have a direction in life. But in this short month, he has become an example. He calls all his friends to go to church, shows up in a suit, and is preparing for a mission following the examples of his brothers. He went to the youth camp for carnaval too, and said it was the most fun that he ever had....all thanks to us. I know that isn´t true, because he was prepared from the beginning, but still. It was nice to hear:)
I love my mission. Really. The more time that I have here, the more I just want to thank Heavenly Father for pulling me out of my own life and sending me to help others. Someone asked us this week what is the most important thing that we will take with us from our missions;. I had to think a while, but I know that it will be the memory of watching the people I love leave the baptismal font. That is the very best part of it all.
I love you lots, and thanks for the videos and pictures! They are so fun! Have a great week, and I love that the Lord is taking care of ya´ll for me!
Love,
Sister Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment