Monday, October 28, 2013

Do You Know I Love Being a Missionary?

I really, really do!  Aw famdamily, it is so good to know that you guys are doing well!  I am sure that your song was awesome, Mom, don´t stress!  Oh and the other day, I heard that "Savior Redeemer of my Soul" song that you and Emily Depaula did for Jona´s farewell, and I remembered playing with you and I just got all trunky!  But not really, don´t worry!  Also, it sounds like Cooper had a great birthday.  I missed him that day, and everyone in my house definitely knew that it was his 15th!  I sang "Happy Birthday"  to him all day, even if he couldn´t hear it.  Maybe the Spirit carried it into his heart or something, who knows?  

I am really sorry to hear about Bro Sezate and Sister Beck.  That is super hard for the ward...they will definitely be missed.  You guys are in my prayers and I know that the Lord will help you out!  It is such a comfort to know about the Plan of Salvation, right?  

Something really interesting....this week, Sister Patino and I decided that we were sick of not teaching very much.  So we started teaching a full lesson to everyone that we meet on the street.  And it is really kind of amazing the things that happen.  We didn´t get a hundred contacts a day, but we got 20 new investigators this week, which puts our teaching pool at about 40 people now.  So we are very, very busy!  But the thing that was the most successful was starting out promising blessings.  The very first thing we started doing when we met someone was ask them what they think will happen after death to their family.  A little shocking...yeah, a lot shocking...and then we explained exactly what will happen because of that perfect plan that Heavenly Father created.  And you know what?  They got all sorts of relieved and wanted to know more !  So we got new investigators!  Hooray!  

I have been so amazed this week as we have taught the Plan of Salvation over and over, just how perfect it really is.  It is all completely logical, completely backed up by the scriptures, and just an amazing thing!  We talk to all of these people who have so many questions that their religions just don´t answer...they just sing and praise and "Gloria Hallelujah"  all the day long.  What a blessing it is to have a plan that is perfect, and a gospel that encourages lifelong learning!  Gah, I just think that is so dang cool.

In other news, Sister Patino and I went exploring in our area a lot this week and found a jungle-y place that is really cool, so we took some legit pictures of that that will be included...other than that I really don´t know if much more has happened!  We are happy and working hard and life is good!
 
Me in our area - Twas an Adventure




Also,  a giant birthday shout-out to my BFF Syster Clouse out there in Sweden!  I hope that the next 20 years are as great as the last!  Because we basically had all the same experiences the last 20 years...but yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESIL!  I LOVE YOU! 

Well fam, I love ya to pieces.  Sorry if this letter is boring...I will plan some more adventures for the following week to liven things up.  Have a great one!

Love,
Sister Dana

ps

Also in those pictures of Coop he looks like a manboy and this is WEIRD. 

Check out this bad boy that we found in the Road!

I love Brazil...pretty sure I have found his cousin in our lunch before!

T-t-t-tasty tasty

No comments: