Um, the Randall story....yeah, I am not even going to comment on that. Just...oh goodness...he def hasn´t changed at all.
So this week! Very, very crazy. But so cool! I´ll be honest, at the beginning of the week, I was trunky. To the max. Because it is so dang hot, and we were just knocking doors all day with little or no success. And I don´t like to be trunky, so I was just all peeved all the time and that is so not me! But then I was reading in Ether this week about how the brother of Jared had enough faith to see the hand of God, and I was thinking about how I need to have enough faith to see the hand of God in my work here. So I prayed to be able to see it better and then that day we marked 2 baptisms for this weekend. Hooray!!!!!! Finally! But then something even cooler happened.
We needed to get authorization for both of the baptisms, and it would really be a miracle if we could. I was worrying and worrying about it, because I was so tired of having all of my baptisms fall through! So then I thought some more about the brother of Jared, and how he had a problem, came up with a solution, and asked the Lord to touch his work and sanctify it. So I did that too! Sister Patino and I came up with a plan of how we would like the day to go. We would go to Ingrid´s house with the elders, do her interview there, and get the authorization of her aunt. Then we would go to Irlavan´s house (and he is NEVER at home) and by some miracle he would be there. Then he would take us to his cousin´s house (who can sign for him to be baptized) and his cousin would sign the documents, the elders would do the interview, and we would have 2 baptisms this week. Then we prayed and asked the Lord to touch our work and really help us out.
Well, the elders came with us to Ingrid´s house, and she was at the beach. But we didn´t know that, so we traipsed around the favelas for about an hour looking for her. Then her neighbor told us where she was, and I was about to get discouraged, but then I thought, "No! The Lord is helpíng us!" So we went to Irlavan´s house, and he was there! Elder Sá did the interview, and he was perfectly set for batismo! And better yet, he was on his way to his cousin´s house! So when he was there....he got the authorization! Oh the look on his face was pretty much the best thing ever. He was so ready for baptism...I was so happy!! So the elder´s left for another appointment, and then we went to teach someone else. Sister Patino had the feeling that we should go over to Ingrid´s house again...and she was there! So we called the elders lickety split, and played dressup and makeup with her while we waited. She is 9, by the way. Interview and authorization...check yes!
Yesterday we had two beautiful baptisms:) It was so so good and really lifted my spirits! I have such a testimony of the way that the Lord touches our lives here if we come up with solutions on our own and ask him to help us out. He will! Isn´t that dang cool? Um. Yes.
![]() |
| Ingrid |
![]() |
| Sister Dana Ingrid and Sister Patino |
Also, a few extra things:
Saturday was Dia das Crianças. Basically it is like another Christmas. Everyone parties aned they have all this musica and games in the streets for all the little kids, and I really liked it! Dad. You served in Brasil. You knew that this holiday exists! Why did we never have Dia das Crianças?!
Also, our buddy Filipe baptized Irlavan too. Only problem is that Filipe is EXTREMELY huge, and the only jumpsuit that fit him had a broken zipper. So I gave him some safety pins to use to fix it, thinking that he would be smart about it...yeah, a picture will be included.
![]() |
| Filipe and Irlavan |
![]() |
| Sisters with Filipe and Irlavan |
![]() |
| Safety Pin job |
I will definitely be praying for him, Mom, don´t worry. I have actually been thinking about him a lot this week...weird.
I love love love you family! And just fyi...it has almost been a full transfer since I got a letter from ya´ll. Ouch...that was the sound of my heart breaking.... ;) Have a great week and do good things! Help the Elders!
Love,
Sister Dana
Oh, PS.
My bispo wants to talk to dad about opening up a thing like Prolean here. What the weird...so be looking for that friend request or something on my FB.
![]() |
| We may have accidentally broken the window |





