| Even when it's been a cloudy week...God can still send a rainbow. |
Ummm this week was kind of a bummer, and I´m sorry that I don´t have many cool things to relate! Our baptism, José Luis, fell through, which made me super sad. He should get baptized soon, because he is allllmost ready. We just have a few little commandment issues to work out, and then we should be good to go.
I also did a division with Sister Bedke this week! I love her...she reminds me of myself;) Jokes, just that it is so cool to watch someone learning a language. I had no idea how great it is when I was learning Portuguese, but just watching her trusting in the Lord, opening her mouth, and being surprised when the right words come out is a daily reminder of how involved Heavenly Father is in this work, and how He helps us so much! Anyway, we had a great day together and I love living with her!
Basically...that is all that happened this week. I am sorry. We are trying super hard, but the main problem is that no one wants to go to church. We are planning activities and Family Home Evenings and doing all sorts of stuff, but the main problem really is getting them to make the commitmentes. I got kind of down about the whole situation, but then I read about Alma and Amulek in the Book of Mormon this week. I LOVE THEM. The way they work together and teach is so powerful and really helped me out. And I was thinking about them a lot, and like....no one is coming to church, but at least they aren´t burning all of our recent-converts. And think about this. When Amulek was watching this, it was probably a lot of his friends, and the people he loved. Can you even imagine? But Alma had so much faith that he knew that all those people were pure in the eyes of God and they would receive glory when they returned home. Then the chapter goes on to say how Alma comforted Amulek, and they went to another city. There they found all of the people who had accepted their message and wanted to be baptized. They were able to organize the church and help a ton of people repent and take that first step in returning home to Heavenly Father. So, even though they were so sad, that sadness was replaced by joy knowing that all of their efforts were not in vain. I also never picked up on the fact that Ammonihah, the city that didn´t accept them and burned the believers, was completely destroyed like, a week after they left. God is a just fellow.
Anyway, that is my little scripture study of the week. Love you guys so much, and I am so excited to talk on Sunday! Also, that is some weird ward gossip. But I knew that one was coming. Tell Beau I say hi tomorrow! And tell Cooper to step it up, because he will def regret those bad grades in about 2 years when he has to start prepping for college. SERIOUSLY.
AND. Mother. Just because I send you a picture does NOT mean that it goes on Facebook! Amanda, a member here, showed me my page this week! What the....don´t do that anymore! Thank you:)
| Us and Tarcisio :) |
Love you lots! Can´t wait til Sunday!
Love,
Sister Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment