Anyway, I know that I told you guys this story last night, but I am going to tell it again just to get it out there in the world because it is so cool. So this transfer was superrrr hard. Like, definitely the hardest of my mission. We have not been having ANYONE progress and it is just really rough stuff! So I was getting pretty down on myself and wondering what I was doing wrong. Was I sinning? Did we not deserve having people come to church? Did we need to work harder or fast more or what? Sister Rodrigues is so much better about staying realistic in situations like this. We decided to ask our District Leader, Elder Marlow, for a blessing to help us figure out what to do with our area. He told Sister Rodrigues in her blessing that the Lord knew how hard we were working and this week, we would have people in the church with their hearts prepared to accept baptism. I was beyond happy to hear that. We went to work immediately, and tried to get in touch with all of our investigators and just teach as much as possible this week to help out with this blessing. The whole week...nothing. We found new people...that were not interested. Taught old investigators...still not interested. On Saturday night, we were pretty faithless, I hate to admit. We were heading back home and decided to contact a referral on our street really fast with the little time that we had left. As we searched for the house, we talked to a woman who was sitting out on her front steps. Her name is Maria de Lourdes, and she had received the missionaries manyyyy times before, but never went to church. My first thought was, "Oh great, an eternal investigator." I am horrible. We invited her to church, and she said that maybe, if she had time, she would pass by. We told her that we would stop by her house on our way, and if she was ready, she could come with us. Sunday morning, I was still pretty bummed. I called all of our people....nothing. Before we left the house, we said a prayer that the Lord would give us a miracle and Maria would come to church. When we got to her house...she was waiting outside the door for us! I almost cried right there. I was basically skipping to church with her and Sister Rodrigues, and she adored the whole thing. I caught her talking to Yoná after class, and she said that she had always passed by this church and loved it, but never had the desire to enter until we came to her house on Saturday. She can´t wait to come back.
Isn´t that so cool! Ah, gives me the chills. Anyway, other stuff that happened this week! We had an FHE with a bunch of the members on Monday and I taught everyone how to do that one thing where you put a cookie on your forehead and try to use just your face to get it into your mouth. I am basically a professional at this sport now. It was so funny, and they loved it! On Tuesday, I did a division with Sister Patiño! (look, I learned how to do that little squiggle thing over the n! A million years later...) We had a great time. She is an example of a missionary who really understands why she is here. She has no reason to be out serving a mission, just because she loves the Lord. She teaches so well, and I learned a ton from being with her. My little duckling has turned into a swan!
On Friday, we helped out with a presentation by the Primary for Mother´s day. We sang for all the mommies in the ward, and holy cow, these guys go all out. They had dances by the kids, ballet, poems, picture slideshows...it was a real tearjerker! So cute! Gosh, I love little Brazilian kids. They are so dang cute!
I am trying to think of other stuff that happened....and that is basically it. We are happy, and Sister Rodrigues and I will be staying together another transfer! 4 transfers with this girl...the most I have ever had with someone! Good thing that I love her!
I love you guys too, and it is so good to know that Heavenly Father is taking care of all of you for me!
Love,
Sister Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment