Hello!!!
How is everyone over there?! Life over here is great...as
usual! Ok, I have some good stories to tell today! Muito animado!
To start this thing off, last P day kind of sucked. My
companion got wayyy sick, so we spent a lot of time in our residence. Then in
the giving spirit of this place, she decided to pass it on to the other chicas
in our district! All of them except Sister McCleve and myself got soooo sick
and had to go to the clinic. I'll be selfish, but I was kind of glad that
they got to be the ones to stay in our residence all sick together with Sister
Butler, because I hateeee missing class! Thank heavens for splits I guess.
On Sunday we had this stellar lesson from Sister Mary
Edmonds in Relief Society. That woman has served 4 missions! Apparently
to be awesome, you have to just be too cool for marriage, because both she and
Sheri Dew are still on the market. I'm not sure how that went down, but they
are both fabulous and it was really cool to hear her stories. Sis Edmonds
talked all about the miracles that happened on her mission and I think that she
comforted a lot of us who are wondering what in the world is going on in this
crazy place. I know I was so grateful to hear that message!
Sunday night, our devo was by Brother Droubay, who is the
head of Missionary Media. Basically the long and short of his message is
that our church is spreading far and wide, and we'd better be ready to keep up
with the rising tide! There have been huge
mormon.org
campaigns all over NY and London and pretty much our church is super tech
savvy. It made me miss texting. Go figure!
Ok, so our devo on Tuesday was even better though. It was
by....ELDER RICHARD G. SCOTT!!! And I was in the Choir so our seats were, once
again, the bomb. I can't even describe the Spirit that came into the room
when he walked in. Thousands of missionaries sometimes have a hard time
keeping things quiet, but as soon as he entered, we all shut up and paid and
attention. This man is an apostle of God. He gave this amazing talk
about prayer and the blessing that it is and how we should never ever take it
for granted. I found quite a few answers in that thing. Lately, I was
feeling like I wasn't sure exactly how I got here on this mission. like, it's
required for elders, and all this sisters just snuck in somehow when we should
have been being good and finishing up school and getting married. But
Elder Scott talked just to the sisters for a while and told us how we are
needed here so much and each call is given by complete inspiration. It was just
what I needed to hear! Then he gave us an apostolic blessing that those of us
learning foreign languages would master them...definitely needed that one too!!
So at the end, my Sister McCleve gave the closing prayer! Actually she almost
tackled the apostle because after the closing song, he decided he wasn't done talking
and came back up. She was in such a rush that she almost didn't see and
got dangerously close to taking out an apostle of our Lord...all captured on
the big screen;) I love modern technology!
Oh, and about the Boston Marathon? Yeah Elder Hendrickson's
mom was running in that and was saved by a serious of miracles. I guess she
finished like a minute before the bomb went off and all of this other stuff and
his parents attirbute it completely to Elder being on his mission. I
can't believe I didn't hear about anything like that!! This is major news!!!
Will you please tell me what is going on in the outside world sometimes?! I
know we are supposed to be separate, but I feel like some stuff...like
bombs...should be told in order to keep a person properly informed. Please
and thank you!
Alright, story time. So there is this guy from Quebec
who speaks only French and has class on our floor. He stalks me. You think I am
kidding. I wish. He started leaving drawings and notes in my scriptures
and follows me around when I am in the hall or waiting for Sister Butler in the
bathroom. At first I thought to just be nice and talk to the fellow, but
then it started getting weird, He sits at a table across from us at lunch and
literally just stares. The elders in my district are getting super
protective about it. They don't let me sit facing him and have started to
escort Sister Butler and myself to the bathroom or wherever we need to
go. Like, when we go upstairs, we have to have elders with us because
otherwise he will literally sit at the bottom of them and wait for us to come
back down. But the best part happened yesterday. So I was just
being my usual healthy self at gym and running around the track when I hear
these keys jingling behind me. French guy. So I started running faster
and then hid in the bathroom for a bit. I thought the coast was clear,
and so I went back onto the track. I was running around and when I passed a guy
who is in French guy's district, he yells "FORTIER!!" (French Guy.)
then I hear these keys coming behind me...again. So I pick up the pace. And
every time I passed the other guy, he would yell "Fortier!" to let
him know where I was! This continued for like five laps until he was literally
right behind me and then I bailed and hid in the bathroom for the rest of
gym. Elder Hanna, in my district, saw the whole thing and thought it was
the funniest thing of his life, but definitley said it was a new level of
creepy. All is taken care of though, so no worries!
Ok , I should be able to send some pics home today so I hope
they work! Thanks for the luggage strap package! I got it and we should be
good! JACQUE: I LOVE YOU AND MY DISTRICT LOVES YOU!!!! Thank you for that
package! It was seriously like Christmas and our elders have done a number on
all the food...but it was the best thing ever!
Mom: That is so cool about EVMCO! I seriously freaked out
when I got your letter! So So exciting!! Also, do whatever you'd like with that
poem. It was just something I felt like needed to get out of me, and now
that it is, I don't really care where it goes! Just make sure my name is on it
;) I love you and thank you so much for the dearelders! Keep them coming,
please!
Dad: You're not the new Stake Pres?! rats....just
kiddingggg. It'll be so weird when they get released! And it'll be wayyyy weird
not to be released by President Ahlstrom! And I almost can't remember Leslie's
daddy not being up on the stand...but they have done a fabulous job and deserve
a break I think! Pretty sure you'll be a stake pres at some point, so here's to
hoping you get those tears under contol. Love you:)
Cooper: WRITE ME. I have almost been here a month and
haven't heard from you. What! I even wrote you a letter by hand! That takes
some real effort! WRITE YOUR MISSIONARY SISTER. IT IS A BIG DEAL.
To my roomies at USU- Good luck with finals! I sent you a
letter...to the wrong address. I am ashamed!! So you'll be getting one this
week.
I love you all and hope you have a great week! I'm about to
go to the temple with my district:) Loveeeee you!
Tudo Bem!
-Sister Dana
 |
| MTC District |
 |
| With Elder Harris |
 |
| This is how she remembers home (above her bed) |
 |
| Shelby says "This is why I love Elder Blanchard" it's the tie |
 |
| With Elder Garrett Turley (from Mountain View) |
 |
| Elders Hendrickson and Blanchard |
 |
| Elders Hoyt and Dean |
 |
| Elder Jefferson (friend from USU) |
 |
| District Elders with coordinating ties |
 |
| Elders at Sister Orr's Birthday Party |
 |
| Happy Birthday Sister Orr |
 |
| "I love packages!" |
 |
| MTC Bed |
 |
| MTC Room |
 |
| MTC Room |
 |
| MTC Room |
 |
| MTC Sisters |
 |
| MTC District |
 |
| MTC District |
 |
| Mountain View HS Missionaries |
 |
| Mountain View HS Missionaries |
 |
| MTC Sisters |
 |
| Really Cool Picture |
 |
| MTC District |
 |
| Shelby and her cousin Maddie Hunsaker |
 |
| Shelby and Sister Butler (her comp) |
 |
| Samoan Volleyball friend |
 |
| Sister Orr's Birthday |
 |
| Sister Orr, Sister McCleve, Sister Remy "this is normal" |
 |
| Shelby with Elder Chris Cluff (HS friend) |
 |
| Shelby and Elder Cluff |
 |
| Shelby and Elder Nickel |
 |
| MTC District |
 |
| Elder Turley again |