Monday, September 8, 2014

2 John 1:12

Ha, just kidding.

I can´t believe that this is my last letter!  Weird.  But I won´t think about that yet.  So this week was great!  I had my Homeward-Bound interview with Presidente Bigelow and it was so weird.  He sat me down and we made a lot of goals about...life after the mission.  I have actually had a really hard time thinking about that to be honest!  It is not my fave topic.  But...what are ya gonna do?  We talked about college, social life, marriage...real life that I never thought would actually arrive.  I love Presidente Bigelow.  Remember how Les was obsessed with President Newell?  I am that way with Bigelow.  Holy cow.  It was so weird to go to the office and see Sister Butler,  Sister Orr, Sister McCleve, and Sister Seidmann all there for their interviews too.  Like...we did it!  Wow!

Anyway, the work was awesome this week.  We had a tapioca activity at the church on Friday and a ton of people came!  We just have to get that excitement to carry over to Sunday morning...oh dear.  But it was good!  And....we had a baptism!  Sister Piza´s very first!  Oh my gosh, it was so cute!  Julia looked just like an angel and she was glowing!  Her parents were so happy too, and now her mom is fully into the church again.  I loveeee completing families!!!  Speaking of, we were able to teach Renata and her family again too!  We marked her little brother, Jeán for baptism this next week.  I love this family so much.  Every time we go over there, I just feel like I was sent there to help them!  We all knelt together in prayer last night after the lesson, and I just got this glimpse of them all being sealed in the temple one day.  And I know that it will happen!!!!


Sister Dana, Julia and Sister Piza

Well...this is it!  I just want to end with my testimony of how amazing missions are.  If you are even THINKING, DREAMING, OR WISHING to go on a mission, GO.  I think about where I was a year and a half ago, and where I am now....wow.  It´s different.  But the thing that I have learned the most is how to trust Heavenly Father because He LOVES these people.  It doesn´t matter if we don´t feel qualified or ready...He won´t lose a child because of my weakness.  I know, without a doubt, that Jesus Christ lives and that repentance is REAL.  There is a tangible change that happens when people are baptized and live to gospel.  They just become full of light!  These last few nights, I have just stayed awake thinking about all of the people that I was able to meet and all the cool experiences we had...I am just so blessed.  

I love you all, and I love missionary work!  See you...Saturday!

Love,

Sister Dana

No comments: