Aw Mom! That was like, the sweetest email of my life!
Thank you so much! I love love love you too!!! Pretty much I have
the BEST family in the world. Don´t worry, everyone here fully knows how
great you guys are too, because I keep pictures in my scriptures to show off.
Thanks to Aunt Amy, we all look freakin gorgeous too. So that´s a
plus. But everyone says that I have Barbie parents. And they are right.
Well, this week! On Monday, I got to hang out with
Sister Orr and be her companion in Boa Vista! It was so cool! I was
really happy to be with her again and we both freaked out about being trainers
together and it was just as sweet as can be. And on Tuesday, we were
comps too until about 4´pm when I picked up my little baby!! I am now the
proud trainer of Sister Patino, from Columbia! She is 22 and almost
finished up with her degree in civil engineering, so I was a little bit
intimidated at first! But she really is legit and I can tell that we are
going to have some lovely times together! Also, she is from
Columbia...like Shakira. So I introduced her to all the members as Sister
Shakira. Also, in Portuguese, "patinho" means "little
duck". So I am Mama Duck and she is Little Duck and it´s fun stuff.
She is so cute--fresh out of the MTC and ready to baptize everyone!
Also, she speaks Spanish. So we are English and Spanish speakers
trying to teach each other Portuguese. Yeah.
![]() |
| Mama Duck and Little Duck |
But some really cool stuff has happened this week! Ok,
to be honest, our numbers sucked because the Lord saw fit to try my abilities
as a trainer the first day out. We had to go to Recife for a meeting with
all of the missionaries anddddd....we got lost. On the bus system.
Yeah we ended up wayyy far away from where we were supposed to be.
But by the guidance of the Holy Ghost, (no, really, it was all him,
because I am totally lost with this thing) we got to the meeting, only an hour
late! Yeah, that was a fabulous first impression. Ah well.
The rest of the week was rough too, because all of our
appointments fell through! So Sister Patino got to experience the joys of
knocking doors for 7 hours in the heat. Poor thing, I´m gonna kill her
before she´s out for two weeks at this rate. BUT the coolest thing
has happened! The gift of tongues has pretty much slapped me in the face!
Now teaching is wayyy easier than I thought it would be. I think
when the Lord needs you to say something, you just will find them hidden in
your brain somewhere! So that´s been a beautiful miracle.
Ummm other than that....not much else has happened!
Our baptism this week fell through, but we will just baptize her this
week. And we have had some really promising people show up too, so
hooray!
OH! I got a package from Kayla this week! I
think she sent some cookies...they must have been delicious, because the
mailman ate every one of them! So about the package, yeah, it will be
much better if you send stuff with Sis Tanner or someone...please...I will send
your Christmas and birthday presents to Celia´s house and maybe you can get
them before next year! Maybe!
Ok I love love love you! Pray for miracles, ok?
Also I love Cooper. I hope that he does well in football this week!
And Tiago também! And tell Dad to keep bishoping like a boss.
Have a lovely week!
Loveee,
Sister Dana
![]() |
| Beautiful Beach |
![]() |
| Too bad you can't swim there |


